The Municipal Elevator

The Municipal Elevator

The Oregon City Municipal Elevator is a 130-foot elevator that connects two neighborhoods in Oregon City—downtown and the historic McLoughlin neighborhood. The upper portion contains an observation deck which accounts for its flying saucer appearance. The only one of its kind in the country and one of only four in the world, the current municipal elevator was completed in 1955 and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2014. The original water powered elevator was built in 1915.

The municipal elevator is the current site of the Illuminate Oregon City art installation. The elevator is free to the public.

For a complete history of the Municipal Elevator, click here.

Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_City_Municipal_Elevator

Visit our Website

General Info

Railroad & 7th Street Oregon City
OR 97045,


Hours:
  • 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
  • 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
  • 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
  • 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
  • 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
  • 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
  • 10:00 am - 7:00 pm